While you get that need for a really fantastic keto chocolate cookie, let me come to your rescue!
This low carb and sugar-loose recipe are so simple that you may stir it collectively with a fork. sink your teeth into those smooth, chewy chocolatey cookies, and enjoy!
- 1 cup / 100g almond flour NOT super-fine**. Ground almonds work well here
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp / 21g cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp / 48g granulated erythritol (So Nourished)
- 4 tbsp / 60g butter softened
- 1 egg medium
- 1/4 cup / 30g sugar free chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate, minimum 85% cocoa solids (I used 90%)
- Optional on top coconut flake and coconut cream
1.9 g net carbs per cookie (average weight: 35 grams).
**If using super-fine almond flour, reduce the amount to 3/4 cup / 75g.
Preheat the oven to 175 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit (conventional oven).
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl – almond flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and granulated erythritol.
Add the egg and the softened butter and mix with a fork until you have a smooth dough.
Add the chocolate chips and mix, keeping a few back to put on top of the cookies.
Form 9 cookies and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. They will spread a little, but not much – so shape them into the form you want them to have.
Bake for circa 12 minutes. Let cool COMPLETELY before handling.